Kurumba Maldives Trade Update
As you re aware, we have been continually upgrading the resort and the Royal Residence was blessed with a substantial upgrade:
• Replacement of all furniture, fittings and artwork.
• Redesigning of the main lounge, dining area and butlers’ pantry.
• Upgrade of the walk-in wardrobe and private bar space.
• Bedroom upgrade with new artwork, headboard, couches, lights, office table, rugs.
• New outdoor furniture.
• Complete repaint, varnish and general maintenance.
• Beds throughout the resort are all replaced with high quality Presidential style beds.
• All linen changed with higher-grade cotton throughout and keeping Kurumba’s famous supersized towels.
• Natural coconut soaps and conditioners changed into our lower category rooms.
• Molton Brown rooms throughout Kurumba Pool Villas.
• An additional 20 television channels have been added for our guest viewing pleasure.
• Internet has been changed to have no login and an increase of bandwidth.
• Compendium was replaced with the Magazine in Full Colour, which guests can
take away with them as an amenity.
• Room configuration:
|Superior Room||Max 3 adults or 2 adults + 1 child. Extra beds provided : Day bed + rollaway bed or day bed + baby cot. Interconnecting rooms available.|
|Deluxe Room||Max 2 adults.|
|Deluxe Bungalow||Max 3 adults or 2 adults + 2 children. Extra beds provided : Day bed + rollaway bed or day bed + baby cot.|
|Max 3 adults or 2 adults + 2 children. Extra beds provided : Day bed + rollaway bed or day bed + baby cot.|
|Garden Pool Villa||Max 3 adults or 2 adults + 2 children + infant. Extra beds provided : 2 day beds or 2 day beds + baby cot.|
|Private Villa w. Jacuzzi||Max 3 adults + 1 child or 2 adults + 2 children + infant. Extra beds provided : 2 rollaway beds + baby cot.|
|Deluxe Pool Villa||Max 3 adults or 2 adults + 2 children. Extra beds provided : 2 rollaway beds + baby cot.|
|Presidential Pool Villa||Max 3 dults or 2 adults + 2 children + 1 infant. Extra beds provided : 2 rollaway beds + baby cot.|
|Max 8 adults or 4 adults + 4 children + 2 infants. Extra beds provided ” 4 rollaway beds + 2 baby cots.|
• Twin bedded rooms. Subject to availability:
|Room Type||Availability||Room Numbers|
|101 – 106, 111 – 114, 127 – 138|
|209, 214, 220, 225, 229, 231, 233, 235, 245, 247|
|146, 155, 162, 172, 178, 183, 193, 206, 248|
*Note: The Superior rooms mentioned have separate twin beds. Deluxe Rooms and Deluxe Bungalows are equipped with King-zipped beds, convertible into twins on request basis. Room requests are subject to availability.
All-Inclusive prices set for premium offerings so that guests can upgrade at
greatly discounted prices.
• Tastings in the lagoon has been created for guest to enjoy wine tasting in a
unique Maldives setting.
• Additional vegetarian menu items have been incorporated to all of the key menus.
• Kurumba Mahal has had a mini face-lift with new glass front walls and doors,
feature walls, table runners and new Indian themed light.
• New premium smoking cocktail shisha pipes have been purchased. This is a
process of using premium fruits and concoctions to create a unique experience.
• Due to popular demand, we have added a new open area dining area in front of
Ming Court, Al Qasr and Kurumba Mahal. With all new furniture, water features
and decorations, provides another choice of dining experience for our guests.
New arrival and departure resting lounge created with resting beds, library and
• Refurbished welcome lounge.
• The resort boutique was refurbished and expanded to offer one of the most
comprehensive retail spaces of any Maldives resort.
• Veli Spa has launched a new menu featuring Dhivehi Beys, which is a traditional
Maldives medicine that has been passed down from generation to generation.
• The orchid Nursery has had a major makeover making it a unique feature within
• A new Yoga Pavilion has been created due to the ever increasing demand.
• We have completed out 12000 beer bottle herb garden. We would like to thank all
of our beer drinkers who kindly supported our efforts in putting empty beer bottles
to good use. Kurumba is not growing 7 different herbs that we are using in the
bar, kitchen and the spa.
As we find and bring Maldivian culture and the arts into Kurumba’s guest experience, we are happy to announce these new and exciting activities:
• Back of house tour has been a great success. It has been popular with guests
who do enjoy seeing the nuts and bolts of the operation.
• Paint a canvas with the help of a Maldivian Artist to take back home with you.
• Maldivian cooking demonstration that highlights traditional Maldivian cuisine.
• Coral Gardening Workshop introduced through out Corporate Social Responsibility
program where guests can help us reproduce corals for our surrounding reef.
• Kurumba was recognized as Asia’s best All Inclusive Resort on Trip Advisor.
• Kurumba was awarded with Maldives best CSR program by Maldives Association
of Travel Agents.
• The Restaurants and Bars will be rebranded this year with new names that link
back to our Maldives in Full Colour branding.
• Rendezvous will have a makeover and be turned into a multidimensional late
• We’d like to emphasize that Ocean Grill is being refurbished in approximately
Mid May to the end of July, which will evolve into a contemporary Indian Ocean restaurant.