Como Maldives residence – COMO Maalifushi is the first and only resort to open on the unspoilt Thaa Atoll, in the archipelago’s southern reaches well regarded for its diving and surf breaks. Its culturally appropriate architecture includes low-lying garden and overwater villas, with views of white beach, tropical greenery and cobalt lagoon. Guests can also enjoy yoga and holistic Asian therapies at the COMO Shambhala Retreat, with the entire guest experience defined by COMO’s exacting, passionate service.
Seaplane: 60 minutes
7.00AM to 10.30AM
12.00PM to 3.00PM
7.00PM to 10.00PM
‘Tai’ (Japanese for red snapper), which is a celebratory fish in Japanese culture, showcases sustainable caught seafood from the Indian Ocean. There is also a cocktail bar offering stunning views of the Maldivian sunset. Tai is open six days a week except Fridays, when a seafood BBQ is offered on the beach between Madi and Thila.
Monday to Thursday: 5PM to 10PM
Saturday to Sunday: 5PM to 10PM
Thila is named after rock formations in the Maldives that are covered with abundant marine life. As a place to congregate, it inspires our informal Maldives restaurant and pool bar where guests can come to chill out. Food at Thila is easygoing and family-friendly, with salads, freshly cooked seafood and pizzas. Laid-back music, pool tables and an open-air pool bar with ocean views make Thila the relaxed and vibrant heart of island life on COMO Maalifushi. Pizza Cabana is open daily from 12pm to 6pm.
Monday to Sunday: 11.00AM to 11.00PM
COMO Shambhala Retreat at COMO Maalifushi offers holistic, Asian-inspired treatments with views of the Indian Ocean. It is the embodiment of a philosophy for healthy living that COMO Shambhala has successfully refined at its award-winning Retreats all over the world. There are eight overwater, ocean-facing treatment rooms, steam rooms, a pool, and an open air yoga pavillion–all enveloped by blue horizons and gentle sea breezes.
Play by COMO Concept
Play by COMO is the service concept for how COMO Hotels and Resorts caters to families. Underpinning Play by COMO is a “whole-property” approach and we seek to bring our brand pillars of wellness, great food and personalized experiences to the child’s and family’s experiences of COMO. The space caters to our younger guests between the ages of 4 and 12 years old. We know that a travel experience is only as good as the stories that our guests bring home, and share with friends, on Trip advisor, on social media. We are here not merely to deliver a luxury experience but also to create memories.
Play by COMO Space
The dedicated Play by COMO rooms have been designed as an inspiring and social space for families. This is not a place to “dump” children, but a place where parents can feel like children! We created a “village-square” feel as children mix with other children and make friends, either through free play or organize activities.
• This is not a childcare, but inspiring space conducive to imagination, relaxation and discovery.
• Well-designed activities and caring staff are the foundation of great memories
• Children love having authority in a space, and generally understand rules when well-articulated. Such is the [[Play by COMO Pledge]] such that adult discipline within the space is not construed as authoritative, but collaborative in maintaining the rules of the space.
• No more than one scheduled activity per afternoon or morning. Repetition is also fine for many families for signature activities, e.g. Family Yoga, as this builds familiarity and turns an activity into a family tradition.
• Activities for the property reflects the destination but generally creative, informative, and sensory:
– Creative (high touch, interactive, open-ended e.g. art, craft, painting, clay, weaving, collage, light box, drawing with mirrors, photography, narrative)
– Exploratory (make microscope slides and draw what you see, planting/gardening, material world, everyday science, nature journals, crystal growing, etc)
– Collaborative (games, building things, dancing, puppet shows, music sessions, storytelling, playacting)
– Active (beachcombing, sport and games, trampoline, climbing, spelunking, scavenger hunt)
The sheer abundance of marine life and clear visibility makes Thaa Atoll one of the greatest underwater regions on the planet. While around 25 sites in the Thaa Atoll are already chronicled, there are numerous unexplored channels and reefs, with the waters offering something for divers of all abilities. All divers are required to hold an International SCUBA diving license, which you will be asked to provide together with your logbook. COMO Maalifushi offers a range of PADI courses for those looking to earn their diving license. Please refer to our diving rate sheet for more information on equipment rental, courses and dive trips.
The Thaa coastline captures swells from numerous directions and is therefore consistent. Choose from scheduled trips to the Farms area – a contoured, reef-corner that delivers mechanical-shaped waves that are ideal for noseriding, fish or finless, SUP or even tearing it up on a shortboard when the swell is up – or dearer private charters to some remote, secret spots. Surfers may also enjoy the benefits of Tropicsurf’s world renowned coaching system. A full time Tropicsurf guide is based exclusively at COMO Maalifushi from April to October. We combine local expertise and vessel to deliver you to the best breaks. Learn secrets to better technique from our guides who can peg your performance to our 100 point-skill progression and tailor your path to rapid improvement. Please approach our Tropicsurf guides at the Surf Shack for pricing and more information.
Make memories under a canopy of stars. Our team can set up an intimate dining table on the deck beside your private pool, or in a secluded part of the beach. A private butler will serve the three-course meal and pour your Champagne all evening
Fill in the form below and we'll get back to you within 24 hours