The Marine Conservation & Sustainability Newsletter by the Maldives Underwater Initiative (MUI)
Blue & Green Laamu is the MUI’s monthly newsletter, which provides updates on research, education, and community outreach projects.
The latest updates include but are not limited to:
- During November, the MUI team was trained in coral diseases from the University of Milano-Biocca and the MaRHE center.
- The team encountered around 1105 dolphins on dolphin cruises and even spotted a pod of Short Fin Pilot Whales.
- The Manta Trust and Deep Blue Divers hosted a new PADI Manta Specialty course and spotted one of local mantas named, “Laamu.”
- The Blue Marine Foundation and Maldives Resilient Reefs organized the Maavah Snorkeling Program and Shaha was awarded a prize at the ‘Professional and Careers WomenAwards 2022.’
- The Olive Ridley Project photographed Cookie (GR941) while she was laying her eggs.
- The MUI team attended the Maldives National University’s Fahi Furusathu Job festival.
- The Earth Lab team partnered with Maamendhoo School and made 15 plant pots out of discarded towels.
In order to stay updated on what is happening above and below water at Six Senses Laamu click here to go over the full November edition.