Considering the recent significant surge of international flight arrivals, guests may experience longer waiting times at the airport. Movenpick Resort Kuredhivaru Maldives informs that its seaplane transfers are arranged through a third-party – Trans Maldivian Airways (TMA); the arrangement of arrivals and departures remains solely in their hands. The resort is unable to influence specific timings for seaplane arrivals and departures.
Please note that due to international safety regulations, the last seaplane departure is scheduled for no later than 04.30 pm. In the last few weeks, guests whose international arrival flights were scheduled after 03.00 pm, have missed their seaplane transfers. The below flights have been affected multiple times.
• Qatar Airways QR674 scheduled arrival at 03.00 pm Local Maldives time.
• Emirates EK652 scheduled arrival at 03.05 pm Local Maldives time.
• Emirates EK660 scheduled arrival at 03.25 pm Local Maldives time.
• IndiGo 6E1795 scheduled arrival at 02.40 pm Local Maldives time.
• IndiGo 6E8253 scheduled arrival at 03.55 pm Local Maldives time.
• IndiGo 6E8114 scheduled arrival at 04.30 pm Local Maldives time.
Movenpick assists guests with finding an alternative transfer option via domestic flights, however, these have been unreliable. It advises guests to book an overnight stay in Male’ for the first night if they are travelling on the above-mentioned flights.
The waiting time at the TMA VIP Lounge is approximately three hours from the time of check-in for the seaplane transfer depending on the international flight schedule. However, there may be further delays and seaplane transfers may be cancelled or delayed due to weather conditions or seaplane maintenance requirements. The resort will not be responsible for the additional charges in the event of delays or cancellations due to force majeure, weather conditions or maintenance requirements. Seaplane transfers may have possible stops en route.