We are looking for a Barista to work in LetsCoffeeMaldives. He/she will prepare and serve hot and cold beverages, including various types of coffee and tea.
Barista responsibilities include educating customers on our drinks menu, making recommendations based on their preferences, up-selling special items and taking orders. To be successful in this role, you should have customer service skills and knowledge of how brewing equipment operates. You should also be able to work various shifts. Note: this position’s compensation includes salary and tips.
Location: Male, Maldives
Job Type: Full Time
Duties & Responsibilities
- Greet customers as they enter.
- Give customers drink menus and answer their questions regarding ingredients.
- Take orders while paying attention to details (e.g. preferences of coffee blend, dairy and sugar ratios).
- Prepare beverages following recipes.
- Serve beverages and prepared food, like cookies, pastries and muffins.
- Receive and process payments (cash and credit cards).
- Keep the bar area clean.
- Maintain stock of clean mugs and plates.
- Check if brewing equipment operates properly and report any maintenance needs.
- Comply with health and safety regulations.
- Communicate customer feedback to managers and recommend new menu items.
- Previous work experience as a Barista or Waiter/Waitress
- Hands-on experience with brewing equipment
- Knowledge of sanitation regulations
- Flexibility to work various shifts
- Basic math skills
- Ability to gauge customers’ preferences
- Excellent communication skills
- High school diploma; relevant training is a plus
How to apply
If you are interested in the position and meet the requirements, send your CV to email@example.com email address by indicating the position title in the subject line of your email.